10 First Ka lā lol; Kōkua no na kanaka
We’ve all met people when not looking our best. We’ve met new neighbors when mowing the lawn. We’ve met a new coworker on the day when we drip coffee on our shirt. E like me ka olelo hele, we only get one chance to make a first impression. We will, nae, see our neighbors and coworkers probably more than we want. A date is different. Ka mua, there is no guarantee that you will get the opportunity for another date. Ka lua, she is going to care much more about your appearance than your neighbor or coworker. Mao hopohopo, nae. I’m here to help with 10 First Ka lā lol; Kōkua no na kanaka.
1. Dress to the formality level of the event. Ina ua aneane kela kekahi kanaka i loko o ka Hawaii, e aahu i ka hoʻolaha haʻuki jacket, you shouldn’t show up without one. It’s much easier to dress down on the fly than dress up if you find yourself underdressed.
2. Hōʻaʻahu ai e pono i ka nana. Let’s say you have dinner plans and after dinner your date suggests walking down the street for dessert. Oukou makemake e hoomakaukau.
3. Up kiʻi kamaa! No flip flops or tennis shoes…unless you are at the beach or playing tennis. Women love shoes and they will notice yours.
4. Hao i kou Shirt. We may not notice (a mālama) ina ua me ka hao ko kakou pālule,, aka, ua makemake loa hoolaha (a me ka mālama).
5. Hookomo i kekahi mea fits pono. The fit of your clothes is more important than the brand, style or anything else. For those of you tempted to wear a super tight shirt…hana, aole…pono e hana ole…
6. Hookomo i kekahi mea au i hoohana ai a me ka nohoʻana ma ka. Especially if you tend to get nervous on a first date, haawi iho i kekahi emi mea e hopohopo e pili ana.
7. Wear a belt and make sure it matches your shoes. Ka mea,ʻo koʻoukou lol; nana hou ke kina ole.
8. loaaʻi ka manaʻo. Ask your roommate, hoaaloha, coworker or someone you trust about your outfit. You don’t have to let them dress you, aka, wale noi ana, ina oukou e nana OK e kōkua mai iāʻoukou mai loko mai.
9. Mai hookomo hakalia loa paha flashy. You don’t have to dress like your grandfather, but you don’t want your clothes to be a distraction. But at the same time…
10. ʻo ʻoe iho nō! Women love confidence. Wear something that expresses your personality.