Five Life Zvidzidzo Zvatakadzidza Kubva Cats uye Relationships
Pandakatanga vakasangana mukomana wangu, Christopher, makore mashanu apfuura, I had only one pair of flat shoes – scuffed boots from college. Thinking back on my undergraduate experience, Ini chokwadi Ini kunyange vaipfeka navo 10 nguva, sezvo mukuru zvitsitsinho vakatakura dzakawanda nzendo dzangu uye kubva kirasi kutoti suduru echando zvemapuranga ari pazvivako, at which point I relied on a wedge. Alright, Ini embellished ekupedzisira (zvishoma.) A girly girl in every way, Ndakanga ndisingazivi sei kuti sweatpants runako kana wakasununguka kuratidza chiso changu pasina wakagadzirwa asingazivikanwi, and I never foresaw this changing. But it did, uye ndinovimbawo kuti anoita kuti vamwe vakadzi, naizvo.
Kwete kuti pane chakaipa masikirwo uye stilettos - kunakirwa nazvo! Just don’t depend on them. When I look at magazines and the constant barrage of media surrounding us, I don’t have to wonder why so many women are on shaky ground in the confidence department. I share with you the following lessons I’ve learned from my feline companions and the straight-shooting man in my life:
1. Vanobvuma nomumwe nyora dzako: On one of my first summer dates with Chris, I panicked about how pale I looked and resorted to self-tanner. When I say I’m pale, Ndinoreva ndine earabhasta inoganhurana translucent, so this quick-fix led to nothing but streaks of orange and regret. When he (vachiziva) vakabvunzwa kana ini ndiinazvo kupfeka kuzvidzora musuki wematehwe, Ndakabuda yakachena (kunyange asiri chaiyo, sezvo zvaisanganisira vhiki exfoliation.) He asked me why I would do that considering I had a beautiful and rare skin tone. I’d never heard anyone refer to my skin that way, uye ndakanzwa saka mano kuti kuedza kuchinja chinhu rakasiyana ane chigadzirwa kuti yakafunga esimbi uye vakasiya pijama vangu uye madhirezi chena muddied.
nevadiwa vedu vanoda dzinotiratidza sesu, uye tinofanira kuda, naizvo. It’s similar to having a dating profile photo that looks nothing like you, photoshopped past the point of recognition. We’re all unique, and those things that make us different also make us stand out from the crowd. Find the confidence to show your real markings and not covet others’.
Kana katsi, the same holds true. A calico is no more beautifully marked than a tabby – it’s all in the eye of the beholder.
2. Regai muviri nyadzi: Vaviri katsi dzangu duku, miviri avhareji vakai, and two are large. They do not know this. My biggest cat jumps on the cats half his size and wonders why they aren’t thrilled with the wrestling play date. If only women could stop the body-bashing we both despise and oddly facilitate. We come in all kinds of shapes and sizes, and yet I hear so many of my friends go on and on about perceived body flaws. These perceptions are then coupled with fears about how men view their bodies in comparison to Victoria’s Secret models. That kind of self-talk leads to generalizations we make about not only our own bodies, but bodies in general. I cringe when I hear quotes like, “Real women are curvy.” Beautiful women come in an array of shapes, so let’s embrace whatever figure sees us in our healthiest form. Men don’t want to hear us tear apart our bodies, uye isu tose-zvakare-kakawanda kuaisa ezvinhu apo havagoni kuwana, no matter their responses. Kate Upton, Kate Winslet, uye Kate Moss zvose zvakasiyana anovaka, asi havasi vose kwose akaonekwa akanaka?
Nokuti chakarebesa nguva, Ini ndisingagoni kumira kuti makumbo angu akanga asina kuramba-dzakaonda, so imagine my surprise when Chris told me that he loved my legs and recommended that I wear more shorts and skirts. The right person is going to like your body and not force you to reshape it. Always remember that.
3. Nakidzwa chikafu: Ah, the thrill of treats. When I shake that bag of enticement, all six of my cats charge forward at my feet. They love food to the point where it’s an event. Who can blame them? Like so many women, I waged war with food as I suffered the above-noted body shame of not feeling perfectly svelte in a bikini. I weigh five pounds more now than when Chris and I first met, asi mukutsinhana kuti, I’ve shared lots of pizza with him during Friday night TV binges. I wouldn’t trade those for any number on the scale. I’m far more comfortable with my body at 31 kupfuura zvandaifunga yaiva hwangu.
Kudya wakasimba pane chinoshamisa, uye ndiri mutendi akasimba achitarisira Kuzvidzidzisa (ona pazasi.) Enjoying life and all its flavors, Zvisinei, munhu akanaka chikuru chinhu, naizvo. Don’t focus so much on your calorie intake that you lose track of enjoying the meal – and the conversation that accompanies it.
4. Zvibate zvakanaka: When my cats are tired, they sleep. (Vari zvose aneta zvachose, zviya.) When another cat upsets them or invades a designated space, they have no reluctance in voicing disdain. So often, isu vanosimbisa pamusoro kutaura pfungwa dzedu, or we let someone treat us in a way that we wouldn’t treat someone else. Cats, uye vanhu nyaya kuti, vane tsika muridzo kundoitora pamusoro chete, thus moving on with their lives and not holding on to resentment or bitterness. They usually don’t take things so personally, uye ivo vanoziva kuti zviri nani kuti manzwiro ako vechokwadi vanoratidza pane kuti vaite chiito uye muridze kumusoro pashure.
Kutendeseka vachishoropodza muhukama, and the right partner will love you even when you’re less than loveable to the outside world. If you can’t voice what you really want, zvino sei mumwe wako ndichaipa kwauri?
Iri yakadaro zvakaoma mumwe, especially for those of us who strive toward agreeableness. If it’s any help, try to think of wording things in a way that you would not take offense at if they were said to you. That way, you’re saying what you think without having to lose sleep over the issue. The more you do this, the more naturally it will come to you. In my home, nechinoridzirwa muridzo uye purring zvose zvakajairika ruzha, ivo vaviri kunoratidza mhando ruremekedzo: nokuti vamwe uye isu.
5. Dziripo muna nguva: I’m always amazed at how my cats watch birds with a focus similar to how Chris plays video games. The old adage of stopping to smell the roses is famous for a reason – which brings me back to high heels.
My yekare shangu muunganidzwa aiva mamwe mavara akaisvonaka uye strappy kunatsiridzwa, uye ndichiri yakati vaviri vaviri shoma vakamirira rangu muwadhiropu nokuda zvakarurama hembe, or at least for this polar vortex to lose its grip. When Chris and I went on our first trip together to Las Vegas, Ini tamboita anenge mashanu nomwe, kufungidzira zvisingaperi sequins uye minhenga (pachena, mumusoro wangu, Vegas kwaireva kupfeka chakafanana showgirl.) How many of those pairs did I end up wearing? Zero. pachinzvimbo, Target dzangu shangu kurova bhavhu kanyika kuti vhiki, and I remember feeling so thankful I had them. Countless girls struggled around us in platform shoes, crippled by peep-toe torture. I sincerely wanted to offer them a bench and some band-aids, Kuziva kuti rangu mangwanani maviri nokuzvidzora angadai vatamburira pedyo navo.
katsi My aisazombofa kurasikirwa tsindi-kuona chete saka vaikwanisa chechetere mbava yavo shure panzvimbo, uye handina kumbobvira angadai akaramba ainaye Chris akanga Ini Worn manyatera ane 4 inch lift. kazhinji, yakanakisisa pazororo vanovimba musoro shangu uye kupedzera maawa kuita chaizvo hapana.
Upenyu zvose pamusoro kukura, and relationships can help us better understand ourselves as we stumble and succeed. Likewise, Ukama vanogona kubatsirwa kuzvivimba, basa kuvimbika, and indulging in some treats now and then. ovimba, tinowana nengaidzo hisses zvakanaka uye (kunyanya) purrs munzira.